Imagery & Data GeoEye-1
Launched on September 8, 2008, GeoEye-1 is the world’s highest resolution commercial satellite. GeoEye-1 is capable of collecting images with a ground resolution of 0.41 meters (16 inches) in panochromatic (black and white) mode`and 1.65 meter (64 inches) for multispectral (color) imagery. Due to restrictions by the U.S. Government, GeoEye’s operating license requires that the 0.41 meter imagery be re-sampled to 0.5 meter unless a customer has a waiver.
First image from GeoEye-1 - view larger
Kutztown University, PA -
Collected October 7, 2008
Key Features – Unsurpassed Capabilities:
- Accuracy – In addition to its high resolution capabilities, GeoEye-1 offers 3 meter geolocation accuracy. What does this mean? Without ground control points, customers can use GeoEye-1 imagery to map natural and man-made features to within 3 meters (9 feet) of their actual location on the Earth’s surface.
- Agility – GeoEye-1 can revisit any point on the Earth’s surface once every three days or sooner. The amazing agility of GeoEye-1 – ability to rotate or swivel forward, backward and side-to-side - enables it to collect much more imagery on a single pass.
- Frequency – Flying at an altitude of 681 kilometers (423 miles) with an orbital velocity of about 7.5km/sec or 16,800 miles/hour, GeoEye-1 will make 15 orbits per day. As compared to the current IKONOS system, GeoEye-1 will collect imagery 40 percent faster for panochromatic imagery and 25 percent faster for multispectral imagery. The IKONOS and GeoEye-1 satellites together will collect almost 1 million sq km of imagery per day.
- Volume – GeoEye-1 is capable of collecting up to 700,000 sq km of panochromatic imagery in a single day (size of Texas) and 350,000 sq km of imagery in multispectral mode. Such capability is ideal for large-scale projects.
Spatial Energy Offering
Spatial Energy is a preferred reseller of GeoEye-1 imagery and was awarded GeoEye's "Top Reseller of 2007". We will be offering the following products from GeoEye-1 to meet the needs of energy companies:
- Basic, ortho-rectified or stereo imagery
- Imagery-derived products, including Digital Elevation Models (DEM’s) and Digital Surface Models (DSM’s), large area mosaics and feature maps.
Information & Pricing
Contact us at 303.625.1021 or via email for an imagery quote. To expedite your request, it's very helpful if you can provide an Area of Interest which can be submitted through this form.